1. City As Vector Of The Imagination
Is utopia possible? Who has tried to achieve their idea of utopia?
2. City=House, House=City
Both city and house are subjected to a rational order; does this mean we can map out behaviour by looking at the other?
3. Polis - Greek Space
How does politics use the city state as an analogy?
4. Figure-Ground Conception Of The City
What can be told by looking at the patterns and clustering of a figure ground conception of a city?
5. Grids- The Logic Of Colonisation
How has the grid system layout in Savannah influenced the city?
6. Modern City- City Reform
How would Paris have changed if Le Corbusier’s plan of a city for 3 million inhabitants been realised?
7. The Town- Country Magnet
Why wasn’t the idea of garden cities supported by government?
8. The City As Collage Of Historical Fragments
Where can you see the fragments of history in society today?
9. The Gruen Transfer- The City As An Economic Machine
How does the layout of a shopping influence people’s behaviours in consumption?
10. Virtues Of Self-Organisation
What Is The Importance Of Self-Organisation?